Sunday, February 23, 2014

...one from the archives...

I have been reading over much of my past writing as I write and edit for this blog.  Recently I came across something that I wrote nearly 10 years ago, but that seemed to fit with what I have been sharing with you here, dear reader.  The title in my files simply said, "Mine."  It was written one night when I was very sad and lonely, when God just seemed to step down and whisper in my ear.  It was such an encouragement to me; I hope it will be for you as well.

Mine...

You are My child.  Of course you know that.  You’ve been Mine since you were very small.  For many years now you have been willing to let Me use you.  I have, in big and small ways, and in many ways you will never know until you see Me face to face.

Right now you feel all alone.  You bury your grief alone in your heart, because you know that no one understands.  But I understand.  I put that longing, that loneliness in your heart.  Why?  Because I want you to know Me.  I allow that weakness, that tendency toward depression, to stay with you.  Why?  Because I am stronger.  I want you to need Me every moment, every day.

The psalmist said, “I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help?  My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.  He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.  Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.  The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand.  The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.  The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.  The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.” (Ps. 121)



Preserve:  “To save from injury; to keep in a sound state; to maintain.”



Did you see that, My child?  I will preserve your soul.  Do you know what that means to you?  I will preserve you from evil.  I will preserve you as you go about everything that you need to do.  When you don’t feel like getting out of bed in the morning, I will preserve you.  When you want to hide from the world because your own inadequacy is looming so large that it has swallowed your courage, I will preserve you.  And when your work here is complete, I will take your hand and lead you into My presence.  There I will preserve your soul for eternity. 

You tell Me you feel like a prisoner in your own mind.  The enemy attacks at your weakest point.  He wants to defeat you, to make you useless to Me.  He wants you to forget what I have said to you in My Word in James chapter 1...  “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”  (James 1:2-5) 

You are small and inadequate, but I am able to give you everything you need.  I have ordained each day that you will spend on this earth.  The pain that you have now does not compare to the glory you will share with Me.  I have allowed each trial you face.  I want to consume the dross of your humanity and refine your gold in the fire of My Spirit.  You are made in My image, and I want the world to see Me when they look at you.

Child, you are Mine.  I wouldn’t give you up when Satan offered me all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for you.  Nothing will ever take you out of My hands.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment