Thursday, April 3, 2014

...no anxiety in heaven...

Revelation 21:4-5

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.

And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.  And He said unto me, Write; for these words are true and faithful.”

  
There will be no anxiety in heaven.  No anxiety.  This one thought dropped into my head, from out of the blue, and kept running through my mind throughout the day like the refrain of a beautiful song.  I suppose I had always known this.  But I had never really thought about what it will mean for me.

When I wake up in heaven, no matter how I go to sleep here on earth, I will not wake up with a sense of impending doom and a shaky feeling in my legs.  No frightening dreams--they will be gone forever.  The beauty and wonder all around me will be the stuff that beautiful dreams dream of, and wish that they could be. 

There will be no nameless fear and dread.  No fear and dread of anything that does have a name, either.  I will not have to wait for a pill to take effect before I can calmly face my day.  When i wake up in that heavenly morning, all darkness and fear will be gone in the face of endless day.

And I will look on the face of Jesus.  All the pain I have hoped to find rest from, all the emptiness and sadness that I have looked to fill--sometimes putting a burden on those around me that they could never carry...all the burdens will be lifted; all of the emptiness will be filled; all the pain will be washed away in the light of His presence.  Because He is the One I have been searching for, all along.


No comments:

Post a Comment